This industry research was conducted by the Peerless Research Group on behalf of Logistics Management and Modern Materials Handling magazine, and marks our thirteenth annual Evaluation of Warehouse Operations & Trends survey.
The study was conducted to evaluate current activities and to assess any trends in the evolution of warehouses and distribution-center facilities and operations.
Specific areas of investigation include:
- Nature of warehouse operations and distribution center’s operations
- Size of distribution center and scope of distribution activities
- Areas for possible expansion
- Distribution center systems and technologies in use
- Means for measuring productivity
- Actions taken to manage warehouse operating costs
- Events that cause disruptions in distribution center operations
The report compares this year’s findings to 2017, 2016 and 2015 results. In each wave, the survey was administered via email invitation to subscribers of Logistics Management magazine. Respondents were qualified for being involved in decisions as they pertain to their company’s distribution center operations.
Included in this report is
- Size and Scope of Distribution Center
- Systems and Technologies in Use
- Company Policies/Initiatives
- Respondent and Company Profile