This study is the fourth wave of a tracking study conducted on behalf of Modern Materials Handling. The industry research is conducted to better understand current & future pallet usage and to assess any trends that may be occurring in the pallet market. Results in this report trend back to the 2015 wave.
Areas of Investigation:
- Factors considered important when determining which types of pallets to use
- Types of pallets (wood, plastic, metal, etc.) in use/planned for future use
- Usage of new vs. used wood pallets
- Usage of plastic pallets
- Usage of metal pallets
- Level of usage for pallets during the next two years
- Recent changes to pallet usage patterns
- Usage of pallets rental services
- Usage of pallets outside the US
Sample: Subscribers of Modern Materials Handling magazine Respondent Qualifications: Being employed at a location that uses pallets Research Method: By email invitation. The invitation included a URL linked to a dedicated website which hosted the questionnaire.
Some questions which were asked include:
- What are the most important factors in your decisions to use a certain type of pallet?
- What types of pallets do you use?
- What are the sizes you commonly use?
- What type of wood pallets are you primarily using?
- Are the wood pallets you purchase new or used?
- How would you describe your usage of plastic pallets during the last year?
- During the next 12 months do you expect your usage of metal pallets to increase, decrease or stay the same?
- Does your company rent, plan to rent pallets or use a retrieval/recovery provider?
- Over the next two years do you expect the number of pallets you ship internationally to increase, decrease or stay the same?
- Are your pallet providers offering any of the following solutions?